Newbie - Intro

Stop by and say Hello.
deathvalleyjim
Still Looking for Slim
Rig: 2013 Jeep Wrangler

Newbie - Intro

Post by deathvalleyjim »

Good day!

A friend of mine that you all likely know suggested that I introduce myself here, and get to know more of the regulars on this board. I've had an account here for some time, but not being the biggest fan of message boards I've only made a couple of posts in the past.

My name is Jim, I go by the alias Death Valley Jim. My wife gave me the nickname some years back because the only place that I ever wanted to go was Death Valley. I loved the heat, the wide open space, and pure sense of adventure every time that I went. The name just kind of stuck. I ended up starting a website to share my adventures with others, and have since released a couple of books.

I enjoy getting out to Death Valley as often as I can, but I also enjoy exploring in other regions of the Mojave.

I'll try to post as often as possible, and just wanted to take a moment to say hello.

Thanks for having me.
Jim
Visit my website:
http://www.deathvalleyjim.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
B-Spec
Panamint Valley Prospector
Rig: 2001 TJ,2005 Xterra,2013 TDI,2015 TDI, 1999 STI, 21 Jetta

Re: Newbie - Intro

Post by B-Spec »

Hey man. Nice to see you here. Feel free to jump into the discussions.:mrgreen:
desert4wd wrote:Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...
Desertman1
Indian Ranch Roadie
Rig: 2014 KIA Sedona

Post by Desertman1 »

Welcome DV Jim. Looking forward to some of your Death Valley tales and adventures. I visit the park about twice a year. Was there for 3 weeks, in April & October.
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome to the boards! Glad to see you posted here, and gave us some of your background. We'd enjoy hearing some of your stories of past and current travels.

Do read the rules in this section when you have a chance. We don't have many rules, but we do avoid political and religious discussions, since they usually don't end well. We also don't do advertising, but an individual link to your books would be fine.

David Bricker / SYR - PHX
jeff_in_rc
Still Looking for Slim
Rig: 2004 Red Rubicon, 4.0, auto, with lots of stuff

Post by jeff_in_rc »

Welcome DVJ! We have a nice group of people here, see you out there sometime.
2004 Red Rubicon
4.0, auto, lifted
lots of stuff
deathvalleyjim
Still Looking for Slim
Rig: 2013 Jeep Wrangler

Post by deathvalleyjim »

Thanks for all the welcomes. Look forward to getting to know some of you here, and maybe meeting some of you out on the trail. Up to this point I've been a bit of a lone ranger out there with the exception of meeting up with B-Spec and some others not on this forum.
Visit my website:
http://www.deathvalleyjim.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Desertman1
Indian Ranch Roadie
Rig: 2014 KIA Sedona

Post by Desertman1 »

Hey D V Jim, I think I know you through the REAL Desert Dogs, on Face Book. How the Internet helps to make this a small world. Hope our paths cross out there in the desert someday. I'll be in the Inyo Mts. four days in March, and in Death Valley most of April. I like your web site! Good luck on your persuits, and that BIG hike you're about to try in January.

--Richard Elliott