New to site

Stop by and say Hello.
Ardyguy
Still Looking for Slim

New to site

Post by Ardyguy »

Hello all,

My name is Alec and I have been out to the Panamint Valley area trials a few times over the years but have never seen this site. There is a lot of great information here that I wish I would have known before! I hail from the Orange County area (don't hate me) and like to desert explore whenever I can.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks
Clodhopper
Indian Ranch Roadie
Rig: 2006 Jeep TJ Rubicon, 1999 Ford F350 Crewcab

Re: New to site

Post by Clodhopper »

Welcome aboard Ardyguy! Good bunch of people here! :beerchug:
Jack AKA Clodhopper
Oh well, moving along smartly!
B-Spec
Panamint Valley Prospector
Rig: 2001 TJ,2005 Xterra,2013 TDI,2015 TDI, 1999 STI, 21 Jetta

Post by B-Spec »

Welcome to the Board. I am also came from the OC a while back. Had to get the heck out of there! :beerchug:
desert4wd wrote:Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...
Norman Johnson
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: "60 Willys wagon

Post by Norman Johnson »

Costa Mesa, myself. We are a fun-loving group of desert-savy, know-it-alls, with an emphasis for PV. Other than that, we agree on at least one thing, Panamint valley is a great place to be. Everything else is up for debate.

NJ
"You can't tell by watching a bunch of mules rolling in the dust which one can fart the loudest." Sherman Wilhelm

"In case you should ever get the idea you'd like to be a prospector or miner, remember, you don't have to be crazy, but it would help a lot." Jack Mitchell, DOD 10-28-1954
jamessel
Rig: Moped

Post by jamessel »

I'm an armchair OC enthusiast.
LarryW
Trailer Trash
Rig: 78 K5 Blazer

Post by LarryW »

Howdy again Ardyguy... I spent about 8 years in NB and CM myself. Moved there when I got out of the service in 74 so I'm not an OC hater. I really like the place except that it's a little crowded.
B-Spec

Post by B-Spec »

LarryW wrote:Howdy again Ardyguy... I spent about 8 years in NB and CM myself. Moved there when I got out of the service in 74 so I'm not an OC hater. I really like the place except that it's a little crowded.
I don't hate OC just MOST of the people that live there.. lol :beerchug:
desert4wd wrote:Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...
desert4wd
Rig: 2005 Jeep

Post by desert4wd »

B-Spec wrote:I don't hate OC just MOST of the people that live there.. lol :beerchug:
LOL! and perfectly said.
Welcome to the forum Alec!
Nothing wrong with hitting the hills from OC. I used to do it all the time.
Lived in Santa Ana and Costa Mesa as well, 1960 - 85, and it was time to boogie even then. Great place to grow up in though.
We should have a thread: "Who Isn't From OC?" Or, us old dudes can talk about OC back in the day...Ok, nevermind.... :angel:
Doug
K7FWD
B-Spec wrote:I don't do trails to prove anything.. I do them because I enjoy it. I could care less about proving anything to anyone..
Not much to offer these days since I'm cleaning out the flickr (photo site) because of high pricing.
Older Fling and Haul stuff (up to about 2008): http://www.pv.desert4wd.com/
Maybe a few things here still but I haven't updated for a couple years.: http://www.desert4wd.com/
D.A. Wright
Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5

Post by D.A. Wright »

Hey! I ain't from OC! The closest I lived to Disneyland was Big Bear ... And I left in 1974 for the Eastern Sierra ... :mrgreen:
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
B-Spec

Post by B-Spec »

D.A. Wright wrote:Hey! I ain't from OC! The closest I lived to Disneyland was Big Bear ... And I left in 1974 for the Eastern Sierra ... :mrgreen:
Hey I said MOST.. None of the people on this Board fit into that category. Well.... :twisted:
LarryW
Trailer Trash
Rig: 78 K5 Blazer

Post by LarryW »

I love OC. I might move back... I could probably make a decent living there. Freqofnature lives there. I love the HUGE freeway size streets.
B-Spec

Post by B-Spec »

LarryW wrote:I love OC. I might move back... I could probably make a decent living there. Freqofnature lives there. I love the HUGE freeway size streets.
LMFAO!!
desert4wd
Rig: 2005 Jeep

Post by desert4wd »

Hey, I'm Carolina born and raised.... at least for a couple years.... ok, two years. Kids are along for the ride though when their parents gotta move. Ooh Rah!
Doug
K7FWD
B-Spec wrote:I don't do trails to prove anything.. I do them because I enjoy it. I could care less about proving anything to anyone..
Not much to offer these days since I'm cleaning out the flickr (photo site) because of high pricing.
Older Fling and Haul stuff (up to about 2008): http://www.pv.desert4wd.com/
Maybe a few things here still but I haven't updated for a couple years.: http://www.desert4wd.com/