Hi all

Stop by and say Hello.
OnyxQueen
Panamint City Resident

Re: Hi all

Post by OnyxQueen »

:welcome:
It is not down in any map; true places never are.
~Herman Melville~
poncho1965
Still Looking for Slim
Rig: 2006 Hummer H3

Post by poncho1965 »

B-Spec wrote:Yes. Pleasant is over grown but that is what a 4x4 is for.. Go out and get some scratches on it. Nothing wrong with using your rig for what it was made for..:mrgreen::mrgreen:
I'm thinking along those lines. For a wide vehicle I've done ok so far no body damage yet.... Dented the transfer case, about tore off the steps, blew out a sidewall on the Cerro Gordo to Swansea trip. So I put on rock sliders and a very nice skidplate from the folks at FU2.
poncho1965
Still Looking for Slim

Post by poncho1965 »

No H3 owners allowed here. You will have to sell it and buy a Jeep in order to fit in. LOL!!

Most of they guys I've gone out with have Jeeps and I catch alot of flak usually :bowdown:
LarryW
Trailer Trash
Rig: 78 K5 Blazer

Post by LarryW »

Chicken rock is not closed to all vehicles. You can still ride Atv's and motor cycles around it and it is BLM property not NPS.
That's exactly what I asked. Is it open to motorcycles and pogo sticks? And Ya I get all you guys mixed up. NPS BLM EFS... it's all the same to me.
LarryW
Trailer Trash

Post by LarryW »

poncho1965 wrote:No H3 owners allowed here. You will have to sell it and buy a Jeep in order to fit in. LOL!!

Most of they guys I've gone out with have Jeeps and I catch alot of flak usually :bowdown:
You can follow us around in anything that moves under it's own power. Just make sure you have the means to get unstuck, carry lots of water and other emergency supplies and don't mind a little joking around now and then. We have just about every type of off road vehicle imaginable here. Cept maybe a full blown Hummer. And I think Wheezer could borrow one if it came down to it. Hell I bet he could borrow a tank.
wheezer
Panamint City Resident

Post by wheezer »

LarryW wrote:
poncho1965 wrote:...Hell I bet he could borrow a tank.
Now that you mention it....

Wheezer
Life is hard, wear a cup! -Dennis Miller
Driver
Another Ballarat Barkeep

Post by Driver »

B-Spec wrote:Yes. Pleasant is over grown but that is what a 4x4 is for.. Go out and get some scratches on it. Nothing wrong with using your rig for what it was made for..:mrgreen::mrgreen:
The newer upper road up Pleasant is not overgrown - left turn from older road 1/2 mile above Jackpot Canyon turnoff above Ballarat.
LarryW
Trailer Trash

Post by LarryW »

Driver wrote:
The newer upper road up Pleasant is not overgrown - left turn from older road 1/2 mile above Jackpot Canyon turnoff above Ballarat.
Ya but you might find yourself backing if one of the mining trucks comes along. The people who are leasing Clair Camp built that road. Too many people use that road and that's why it's getting overgrown on the low road. I take my Blazer through there to try to help widen it out some. :driving:
jamessel
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: Moped

Post by jamessel »

Driver wrote:
If my memory is right some one in the room has it on their youtube channel.
LarryW
Trailer Trash

Post by LarryW »

jamessel wrote:
Driver wrote:
All of us have it on our You Tube channels. The last half mile is a doozy..
poncho1965
Still Looking for Slim

Post by poncho1965 »

LarryW wrote:
jamessel wrote:
Driver wrote:
Larry can you post this link? Thanks!
LarryW
Trailer Trash

Post by LarryW »

poncho1965 wrote:
LarryW wrote:
jamessel wrote:
Driver wrote:
Larry can you post this link? Thanks!
Dang it I looked but couldn't find it. I have almost 400 vids on You Tube. It's in one of them Im sure.

The last 1/4 mile you feel like you are standing up going down the hill. Someone has it here Im sure.
B-Spec
Panamint Valley Prospector
Rig: 2001 TJ,2005 Xterra,2013 TDI,2015 TDI, 1999 STI, 21 Jetta

Post by B-Spec »

I can't embed it but here is the link.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiJX1u0n1xM&sns=em" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
desert4wd wrote:Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...