Heya Boyos!

Stop by and say Hello.
DrSarcasmo
Still Looking for Slim

Post by DrSarcasmo »

Heya Cecile! Please forgive my one sided greetings to the board. I think I'll just change it to Heya Gang, or somesuch, that way I don't inadvertantly offend half the population of the planet... :P
I'm glad ya had a blast on the Bodie run. Maybe next year we can join ya. Always wanted to see Bodie...

Bill, thanks for the welcome!

That was a damn fine idea, Charlie. Just added it to the sig... :lol:

Dave, it does indeed sound like a Jimmy Buffet lyric... :lol:

I gotta tell you folks, I really enjoy the camaraderie I see on this board. When I talk to most people I deal with on a regular basis, they think I'm outta my gourd traveling the desert outback. Which is a good thing as that means there's less folks going out and trashing the trails, but at the same time a bad thing as they don't have a place to go where they can enjoy the peace that comes with being where you want and NEED to be...

But it's really something special when there is a place you can go where everyone understands EXACTLY how you feel when you are out in the desert. The beauty, solitude and awe I experience there are unparalleled in my life. Sharing these experiences only makes them stronger in our collective memories.

Charlie, I heartily thank you for creating and maintaining this board and to the rest of the community, I humbly thank you for welcoming me in with open arms... :P

It's good to be home,

Dickie
Because in a sink or swim situation, steel juevos will just drag yer ass to the bottom of the ocean everytime...
desert4wd
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: 2005 Jeep

Post by desert4wd »

DrSarcasmo wrote:I gotta tell you folks, I really enjoy the camaraderie I see on this board. When I talk to most people I deal with on a regular basis, they think I'm outta my gourd traveling the desert outback.
Well said and X2! :beerchug:
- Doug
Doug
K7FWD
B-Spec wrote:I don't do trails to prove anything.. I do them because I enjoy it. I could care less about proving anything to anyone..
Not much to offer these days since I'm cleaning out the flickr (photo site) because of high pricing.
Older Fling and Haul stuff (up to about 2008): http://www.pv.desert4wd.com/
Maybe a few things here still but I haven't updated for a couple years.: http://www.desert4wd.com/
DrSarcasmo
Still Looking for Slim

Post by DrSarcasmo »

Heya Doug!

Wonderful photography on your web page. Just stunning. The paintbrush shot is a hell of a study on light and dark. Your photographic eye is impeccable!

Here's a toast back at you for your inspiring work:

:beerchug:

Dickie
Because in a sink or swim situation, steel juevos will just drag yer ass to the bottom of the ocean everytime...
Cecile
Panamint Valley Old Timer

Post by Cecile »

The Bodie trip was fantastic and we'll do it again next year...same time, same place...so plan on joining us! Doug, by the way, is the best pole photographer I know :wink:
Cecile
-----------
Well Behaved women rarely make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
www.explorehistoricalif.com
desert4wd
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: 2005 Jeep

Post by desert4wd »

Hey, wait a minute. I'm 'sposed to be rolling out the red carpet, not stepping on it- lol! Thanks a ton. Cecile, odds are very good that I'm the only one you know that does that, but I'll take i!t- hahahaha :shock:
- Doug
(aka enthusiast, not pro)
Doug
K7FWD
B-Spec wrote:I don't do trails to prove anything.. I do them because I enjoy it. I could care less about proving anything to anyone..
Not much to offer these days since I'm cleaning out the flickr (photo site) because of high pricing.
Older Fling and Haul stuff (up to about 2008): http://www.pv.desert4wd.com/
Maybe a few things here still but I haven't updated for a couple years.: http://www.desert4wd.com/