A Quick Hello....

Stop by and say Hello.
Maximus Ram
Still Looking for Slim

A Quick Hello....

Post by Maximus Ram »

Hi....Found this place from SWR's thread on "Pandamonium in the Panamint" over on ExPo. Glad I did. Reading through these threads brings back good memories and good times of an annual trip we use to take to Scossa Nevada. Especially since it would have been happening next week.
Really miss those days.......
Anyways, a bit about me. I have a 97 Dodge Ram x-cab 4x that is my primary driver and "adventure" vehicle. Also have a 93 Jeep XJ that I picked up and have(had) been working on turning into my off-road adventure vehicle to save the Dodge from any major mishaps, until my DD took it over when she started to drive this year.
Love getting out doors whenever possible and miss my time out in the desert. Lately its been mtn camping with the family and our new to us tent trailer. Nothing really beats living out of the back of your vehicle, a tent or maybe an old cabin in the middle of the desert, though.
I will definitely be making this a frequent stop on my "adventures" through the internet :4x4
Hopefully I will meet up with some and be able to raise a glass with you around a campfire or at the ol' bar :cheers2

Thanks , SWR for posting up and leading me to this place.... :beerchug:

Matt
Last edited by Maximus Ram on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Credo Quia Absurdum"
Panamint Charlie
Head Janitor

Post by Panamint Charlie »

Welcome to the board! Many of us get together when ever we can to do some exploring in the hills. Feel free to join along any time.
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome Matt;

I think you'll find a pretty friendly group of folks here. You just have to watch out the the strange ones :twisted: No tellin' who they might be! Oh wait, that's me. Never mind...

David Bricker / SYR
BucYouUp68
Desert Rat
Rig: 2013 Stock JK Sport

Post by BucYouUp68 »

Welcome to the Chaos :twisted:
...........))_______________________,,
........../`---_________---_________/
........./_ =o;; ; ;;_LLLL_:/
.........), -.(_(_)/
........./),----"
......../____//
......./____//
....</____// Go Ahead Punk,.....Make My Day,......
Maximus Ram
Still Looking for Slim

Post by Maximus Ram »

Thanks for the welcome, guys....
and the warning about the :twisted: ones....been told I can be on either side of that formula myself :wink:
Last edited by Maximus Ram on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Credo Quia Absurdum"
Beatty Lady
Panamint Valley Old Timer
Rig: "Pearl", a 2014 Toyota FJ

Post by Beatty Lady »

:welcome:

Kit
desert4wd
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: 2005 Jeep

Post by desert4wd »

Hi MaxRam and welcome. How long ago were you going to Scossa? ( I passed by there earlier this year) Just curious. Great group here. - Doug
Doug
K7FWD
B-Spec wrote:I don't do trails to prove anything.. I do them because I enjoy it. I could care less about proving anything to anyone..
Not much to offer these days since I'm cleaning out the flickr (photo site) because of high pricing.
Older Fling and Haul stuff (up to about 2008): http://www.pv.desert4wd.com/
Maybe a few things here still but I haven't updated for a couple years.: http://www.desert4wd.com/
Maximus Ram
Still Looking for Slim

Post by Maximus Ram »

desert, it's been a few years. The last I heard is that the cabin that we use to use as a base was burned. If true, it is sad.
Would haul enough food and water for a week or so, take the dirt bikes and go explore the area and old mines. Even got caught in a nice snow fall that froze the radiator on my old toyota. Yep, those were some good times.
"Credo Quia Absurdum"
Scenic WonderRunner
Panamint Valley Old Timer

Post by Scenic WonderRunner »

Welcome Matt!

Welcome to PV.com!

Nice to see you over here.

The reason why you only get a link to my story over at ExPo is because they have a per page pic limit. Something like ten or so.

That would not allow my story to flow right, so I posted it here.

And I actually felt this was the proper place to post up my story anyway.

I'm very thankful for PV.com! 8)

Spread the word!

Dude! Check out that View!

I don't care what you drive....It's All about the Heart!

Feeding the 4x4 Internet Trolls Since 2004....because I care!

Treat others on the trail.....like you would want to be treated!..........Image
desert4wd
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: 2005 Jeep

Post by desert4wd »

Maximus Ram wrote:desert, it's been a few years. The last I heard is that the cabin that we use to use as a base was burned. If true, it is sad.
Would haul enough food and water for a week or so, take the dirt bikes and go explore the area and old mines. Even got caught in a nice snow fall that froze the radiator on my old toyota. Yep, those were some good times.
There still is a cabin/shack there but I don't know if it's the same one. It's pretty trashed and filled with trash :shock: Sounds like it was a lot of fun though. Interesting area.
Doug
K7FWD
B-Spec wrote:I don't do trails to prove anything.. I do them because I enjoy it. I could care less about proving anything to anyone..
Not much to offer these days since I'm cleaning out the flickr (photo site) because of high pricing.
Older Fling and Haul stuff (up to about 2008): http://www.pv.desert4wd.com/
Maybe a few things here still but I haven't updated for a couple years.: http://www.desert4wd.com/
Bill Gossett
Panamint Valley Prospector

Post by Bill Gossett »

:welcome:
Maximus Ram
Still Looking for Slim

Post by Maximus Ram »

Thanks for the welcome , Bill
"Credo Quia Absurdum"