24 year old guy living in Los Angeles

Stop by and say Hello.
bdemario
Still Looking for Slim

24 year old guy living in Los Angeles

Post by bdemario » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi - I've been lurking here for a pretty good while now, but only now do I actually feel like posting something to introduce myself. Since moving to LA a couple years ago I guess you could say I fell in love with the desert. There is just something special about it. My travels tend to be concentrated on the deserts of NV and eastern CA. I have climbed some 14ers in the sierras but I mostly like to keep to the drier ranges to the east (whites, inyos, and of course the panamints). Things/places I have enjoyed include: climbs of all the major mountains near LA, several trips to panamint city, shorty's mine to telescope peak, a trip down the Lonesome Miner Trail, driving tours through much of Death Valley NP including the racetrack and Saline Valley, the Cactus to Clouds hike, Anza Borrego Desert SP, Salton Sea/Slab City, a trip to Tonopah/Belmont/Eureka/Elko, solar eclipse 2017 in Eastern Oregon.

Of course there is so much to see out here you'll never get to it all. Abandoned/old stuff is generally my jam. A fun thing I want to do next is a trip up the Jeffreys Mine Canyon in the western whites. A trip up Boundary Peak would be nice too, but I don't want to die doing it this time of year. A driving tour of South Park Canyon is on my list, but 4x4 is unfortunately not in the cards for me at the moment. :/

Unfortunately, life changed and I'm leaving the desert next week to head back east. I will be back as often as I can and I hope to retire in the white mountains in the next couple of years. HMU if you're interested in knowing more.

-BD