Hello from Orange, CA.

Stop by and say Hello.
Huber_1978
Still Looking for Slim
Rig: 1973 F100 4x4

Hello from Orange, CA.

Post by Huber_1978 »

Just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself.
My name is Chris and I have been camping and exploring the Panamint Valley area for the last 15 years or so with my brother and a few close friends. Absolutely love the valley and surrounding mountain ranges and try to get out to camp in the area 6-7 times a year. Actually just got back from a few days of staying at the Kopper King this past weekend. I enjoy working on the older bikes and 4x4 rigs so if you ever see me please say hello while in the valley. Hard to miss a bright yellow 4x4!

Great forum!

Chris
Attachments
IMG_6290.JPG
IMG_6286.JPG
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Re: Hello from Orange, CA.

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome! Please take a few minutes and read the forum rules. We've a pretty easy going bunch, and would love to hear of your trips (and see pictures!).

Looks like you have nice setup for camping and exploring!

David Bricker / SYR
Huber_1978
Still Looking for Slim

Post by Huber_1978 »

Thanks David!
Heading back up to Panamint next month so I'll be sure to post more photos and report back on my trip.
D.A. Wright
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5

Post by D.A. Wright »

Old Fords are great trucks. Almost as good as my now old Toyota ... :wink:

Had a 1970 F-250 4x4 when I lived in June Lake during the 1970s and 1980s. Original owner bought it new at the Ford dealer in Bishop. Basic truck, 360 inch V8, 4-speed, no power steering or brakes, no AC. Sold it to my brother in law in Trona in 1985. It was still on the road down there last I saw it in 2004. Drove that truck all over Eastern California and Central Nevada. The few times something broke, wasn't something vice grips, wire and duct tape could fix.
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
Norman Johnson
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: "60 Willys wagon

Post by Norman Johnson »

Welcome aboard. Thanks for the pictures. I like your set-up. It looks like you get out camping a lot.

Norm
"You can't tell by watching a bunch of mules rolling in the dust which one can fart the loudest." Sherman Wilhelm

"In case you should ever get the idea you'd like to be a prospector or miner, remember, you don't have to be crazy, but it would help a lot." Jack Mitchell, DOD 10-28-1954
Huber_1978
Still Looking for Slim

Post by Huber_1978 »

Thanks Norm. It's been a great set up for me so far. Everything is in the truck so if I find the time it's already loaded and ready to go.