New to the Site

Stop by and say Hello.
Alkali
Still Looking for Slim
Rig: Honda CRV

New to the Site

Post by Alkali »

Appreciate the opportunity to join this site. First visit through Panamint Valley and Death Valley areas in April 1968. Started hitting the backcountry in the early 1970's: Saline Valley(1972), Panamint City(1971), Goler Wash (1972), Mengal Pass (1972), etc. Long time California resident, now living in Spokane, WA. Hope I can contribute something worthwhile now and then.

Thanks!

Rick ("Alkali")
Spokane
jamessel
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: Moped

Re: New to the Site

Post by jamessel »

I'm confused I thought you have been here before. Are either of these you?
Attachments
Captures.PNG
This must be you
This must be you
Alkali
Still Looking for Slim
Rig: Honda CRV

Post by Alkali »

I'm not the "Alkali Bill" who posted the Death Valley Chug Line newspaper clipping on this site. However, I am the "Alkali Bill" on the DeathValley.com site. I tried to use "Alkali Bill" when I registered here yesterday, but apparently that name is already in use on this site. So on PanamintValley.com, I'm simply "Alkali."

Thanks for checking

Rick (Alkali)
Spokane, WA
jamessel
Rig: Moped

Post by jamessel »

Well welcome to the PV.com. I've seen you on DV Talk and thought you were the same guy .....oh well was just wondering. Bring some of that NW rain with ya on you next visit to the desert please.
:camping:
Norman Johnson
Rig: "60 Willys wagon

Post by Norman Johnson »

Good to have you aboard, Rick. . . . . . . errr . . . do you have any . . . pictures? Man we love the early photos around here.

NJ
"You can't tell by watching a bunch of mules rolling in the dust which one can fart the loudest." Sherman Wilhelm

"In case you should ever get the idea you'd like to be a prospector or miner, remember, you don't have to be crazy, but it would help a lot." Jack Mitchell, DOD 10-28-1954