Another new guy

Stop by and say Hello.
Pat
Still Looking for Slim

Another new guy

Post by Pat »

Although my DV area wanderings have only been in the last decade, I started my desert travel years ago with my parents in a VW bus with their Honda enduros strapped to the bumpers. Between school, sports, and Scouts I still manage to get the wife and kids out to DV several times a year. Lately it's been tent camping @ PSR. Even when we camp in DV proper, we always drive over for a pizza or chili night @ PSR.

Have only begun to get into the various posts, but already found some great history/personal stories along with the trip reports.

Heading back out to PSR in a week or two for what I imagine will be a much drier trip than 2 weeks ago.
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Re: Another new guy

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome to pv.com, Pat. We would love to hear some of your stories, both recent as well as the past. I, too, grew up exploring Death and Panamint Valleys on Hondas, though little Trail 90s.

Please take the opportunity to read the forum rules in this section. We're pretty open for discussions, but political and/or religious topics are best left for other boards better suited for those discussions.

I think you'll find this board a friendly bunch, and very willing to share experiences, tips, and we sometimes even get a chance to meet in person. In fact, when you get back out to PSR, look up my son, Noah. Chances are good he may be serving you one of your meals. And, if you see him, tell him to roll up the windows on my Jeep!

David Bricker / SYR
Norman Johnson
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: "60 Willys wagon

Post by Norman Johnson »

Pat,

We love pictures. Don't roll up the windows on Bricker's jeep until you chase the critters out.

NJ
"You can't tell by watching a bunch of mules rolling in the dust which one can fart the loudest." Sherman Wilhelm

"In case you should ever get the idea you'd like to be a prospector or miner, remember, you don't have to be crazy, but it would help a lot." Jack Mitchell, DOD 10-28-1954
D.A. Wright
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5

Post by D.A. Wright »

Maybe he better roll up the windows. Help to stiffen up that loose unibody ... :twisted:
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
Pat
Still Looking for Slim

Post by Pat »

Thanks for the welcome.
I will post some pics, but pretty pedestrian compared to some of the adventures shared here.

As for that XJ, last time I saw it there was no need to roll any windows up. It was just as wet inside as out. :wink:

Pat
B-Spec
Panamint Valley Prospector
Rig: 2001 TJ,2005 Xterra,2013 TDI,2015 TDI, 1999 STI, 21 Jetta

Post by B-Spec »

Pat wrote:
As for that XJ, last time I saw it there was no need to roll any windows up. It was just as wet inside as out. :wink:

Pat

LOL!!!!
desert4wd wrote:Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...