Hello to all New to this site

Stop by and say Hello.
bear4x4
Still Looking for Slim

Hello to all New to this site

Post by bear4x4 »

I started exploring Death Valley and surrounding area 2003. I live on the east coast so my time is limited when I can explore. I find now that I don’t have the amount of time I would like to spend in the desert, the next best thing is exploring via the internet.
Thank you for sharing your site
Bear
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Re: Hello to all New to this site

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome! Where in the Northeast? I'm in the Syracuse area, and fully understand the difficulty in getting out to DV and PV as often as one would like.

Please take a few moments to read the forum rules. You'll find us a friendly bunch, and we like to hear of your adventures. We welcome spirited conversations, but do avoid political and religious discussions, since no one is likely to convince anyone else to change their views.

David Bricker / SYR
jamessel
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: Moped

Post by jamessel »

bear4x4 wrote:I started exploring Death Valley and surrounding area 2003. I live on the east coast so my time is limited when I can explore. I find now that I don’t have the amount of time I would like to spend in the desert, the next best thing is exploring via the internet.
Bear
You should quite your job, leave your family and friends (or bring with), grab your dog and move to Panamint Valley for the rest of you life........you'll love it.
LarryW
Trailer Trash
Rig: 78 K5 Blazer

Post by LarryW »

jamessel wrote:
bear4x4 wrote:I started exploring Death Valley and surrounding area 2003. I live on the east coast so my time is limited when I can explore. I find now that I don’t have the amount of time I would like to spend in the desert, the next best thing is exploring via the internet.
Bear
You should quite your job, leave your family and friends (or bring with), grab your dog and move to Panamint Valley for the rest of you life........you'll love it.
That's what Doug should do now.... He is about to suffer a fate worse than living in New York....
B-Spec
Panamint Valley Prospector
Rig: 2001 TJ,2005 Xterra,2013 TDI,2015 TDI, 1999 STI, 21 Jetta

Post by B-Spec »

Hijacking the guest book now.. That is a new one.
desert4wd wrote:Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...
LarryW
Trailer Trash
Rig: 78 K5 Blazer

Post by LarryW »

Any time that the admins or mods want, they can delete any post that is not appropriate or move it to another location. Otherwise there is no reason for admins or mods. :evil:

Welcome to the board bear4x4.
Norman Johnson
Rig: "60 Willys wagon

Post by Norman Johnson »

Don't feel like a stranger. Many of us have been to PV a hundred times and we still feel like we don't get there often enough. I wish I was there right now. This website is the second best thing than actually sitting in the camp chair looking east at the full length of the Panamint Range, purple mountains, sky going pink behind me over the Argus, creosote dotted alluvial slope, desert pavement, and a vast wide-open land sitting before me.

NJ

"You can't tell by watching a bunch of mules rolling in the dust which one can fart the loudest." Sherman Wilhelm

"In case you should ever get the idea you'd like to be a prospector or miner, remember, you don't have to be crazy, but it would help a lot." Jack Mitchell, DOD 10-28-1954
Lyrically Driven
Panamint City Resident

Post by Lyrically Driven »

Hi bear, welcome to the nut house. :lol:

:beerchug:
Rob-Motorcycle Nut
desert4wd
Rig: 2005 Jeep

Post by desert4wd »

Welcome to the forum and group Bear. To help bide the time between trips a little better, don't forget the assorted books and literature for additional "desert food" - particularly DV and PV. They add a lot for me.
LOL :bowdown: :coach: Larry. :beerchug:
Doug
K7FWD
B-Spec wrote:I don't do trails to prove anything.. I do them because I enjoy it. I could care less about proving anything to anyone..
Not much to offer these days since I'm cleaning out the flickr (photo site) because of high pricing.
Older Fling and Haul stuff (up to about 2008): http://www.pv.desert4wd.com/
Maybe a few things here still but I haven't updated for a couple years.: http://www.desert4wd.com/