It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:12 pm 
Offline
Head Janitor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 5183
Location: is everything
*UPDATE* Feb. 2 Trona Wildrose Road and Panamint Valley Road are open. The destroyed section of Trona Wildrose Road that lie between the Ballarat turnoff and the Indian Ranch turnoffs has been cleared. This section of road is currently graded dirt with bypasses in place for traffic to get through while paving of the new roadbed takes place. Keep an eye out for men and machinery in the valley.

Here is a list of threads related to the most current road conditions that have been posted to the forums. This thread is still under construction and is going to be used until a better option is available. Admins, please add/edit as needed. If anyone has an additional link that would be handy, please post it here.

Using Nadeau Trail instead of PVRD

Goler Wash Conditions as of 10-9-12

Lemoigne and Echo Canyons

Jail Canyon

West Side Road (Quoted from the Death Valley Road Conditions Facebook page)
Quote:
Update: 12/19/13
Westside Rd. is OPEN and in excellent condition thanks to our roads crew who have been working hard.

Warm Springs Canyon Rd. is in excellent condition for the first 2 miles and then turns into a high clearance road to the Warm Springs camp. High clearance 4x4 is recommended after that as the road is rough with medium sized rocks all the way to Butte Valley. The last 500 ft to geologist cabin is in rough condition with major washouts in the drive way.



These links are posted as info only to help give an idea of what conditions you might encounter. We take no responsibility if you find yourself in trouble because you took the information here as the gospel of the Trail Gods. Remember that conditions in the back country are ever changing. Do your due diligence and be prepared to deal with any unforeseen situations that may arise while traveling.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:59 pm 
Offline
Panamint City Resident

Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Posts: 427
Location: Ridgecrest
Good job, Charlie! Thanks!

Wheezer

_________________
Life is hard, wear a cup! -Dennis Miller


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:35 pm 
Offline
Indian Ranch Roadie

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:08 pm
Posts: 188
Much easier until thing re-open.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:33 am 
Offline
Head Janitor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 5183
Location: is everything
bump for updates to first post

From Death Valley Road Conditions Facebook Page

Quote:
Update: 12/19/13
Westside Rd. is OPEN and in excellent condition thanks to our roads crew who have been working hard.

Warm Springs Canyon Rd. is in excellent condition for the first 2 miles and then turns into a high clearance road to the Warm Springs camp. High clearance 4x4 is recommended after that as the road is rough with medium sized rocks all the way to Butte Valley. The last 500 ft to geologist cabin is in rough condition with major washouts in the drive way.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:39 am 
Offline
Trailer Trash
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:51 am
Posts: 14950
Location: Riverside, CA.
Panamint Charlie wrote:
bump for updates to first post

From Death Valley Road Conditions Facebook Page

Quote:
Update: 12/19/13
Westside Rd. is OPEN and in excellent condition thanks to our roads crew who have been working hard.

Warm Springs Canyon Rd. is in excellent condition for the first 2 miles and then turns into a high clearance road to the Warm Springs camp. High clearance 4x4 is recommended after that as the road is rough with medium sized rocks all the way to Butte Valley. The last 500 ft to geologist cabin is in rough condition with major washouts in the drive way.


But is it closed?

_________________
Home is where you park it. Image

Gold is where others have found it... :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:49 pm 
Offline
Panamint Valley Prospector
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:55 pm
Posts: 10948
Location: Area 54
LarryW wrote:
But is it closed?


Is what closed?

_________________
desert4wd wrote:
Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:00 pm 
Offline
Trailer Trash
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:51 am
Posts: 14950
Location: Riverside, CA.
Warm Spring Road going in from Harry Wade Escape Rt.

_________________
Home is where you park it. Image

Gold is where others have found it... :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:37 pm 
Offline
Panamint Valley Prospector
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:55 pm
Posts: 10948
Location: Area 54
LarryW wrote:
Warm Spring Road going in from Harry Wade Escape Rt.


Yes. The post that was posted was from the DVNP Roads page. West Side is all open. :beerchug:

_________________
desert4wd wrote:
Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:37 pm 
Offline
Panamint City Resident
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:44 pm
Posts: 324
Location: Ridgecrest Calif / Beatty NV .
Yes'' Westside road is now open ''on both ends ''

_________________
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:11 pm 
Offline
Trailer Trash
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:51 am
Posts: 14950
Location: Riverside, CA.
Thanks... My next trip in will be from that side with a stop in Tecopa on the way.

_________________
Home is where you park it. Image

Gold is where others have found it... :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:59 pm 
Offline
Flea-Bitten Desert Rat
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:57 am
Posts: 234
Location: Portland / Orange County
Does anyone have any news on the current state of PVRD? I know they've been working on it, just curious hot repairs are going and if any completion date has been set.

_________________
When the horizon consists only of desert mountains, you are in the right place. When there are no fresh tire tracks, you are on the right road. When there are no footprints, you are on the right path.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:03 pm 
Offline
Panamint Valley Prospector
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:55 pm
Posts: 10948
Location: Area 54
Gowergulch42 wrote:
Does anyone have any news on the current state of PVRD? I know they've been working on it, just curious hot repairs are going and if any completion date has been set.


Still closed and they are still fixing the road bed. It is going to be several months yet.

_________________
desert4wd wrote:
Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:41 pm 
Offline
Flea-Bitten Desert Rat
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:57 am
Posts: 234
Location: Portland / Orange County
Saw a post on a different forum that PVRD opened? I'm skeptical and heard it would be a few more months, so I thought I'd ask.

_________________
When the horizon consists only of desert mountains, you are in the right place. When there are no fresh tire tracks, you are on the right road. When there are no footprints, you are on the right path.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group