At last!

Stop by and say Hello.
anderld47
Flea-Bitten Desert Rat

At last!

Post by anderld47 »

Well thanks to B-spec I was finally able to log in. Looks like a great site Mr. Charles. Like the 4x4 sections also. I'm already starting to bookmark other's web pages. I'm not as dumb as I look, I can figure these things out!

I guess I spent more time at dv.us than I realized. Only contact I had was to Blackturtle.us. Sent him an email, he refered me to panamint charlies then here, and now I'll make it. I emailed him back.

Quote:
Hey Blackturtle, know I thanked you "ahead of time," but thanks again. Had not bookmarked any websites on DV.us except for yours and David Wright's (picture ice cream cone smashed to my forehead) and he had shut his down shortly before DVU closed. It's somewhat disconcerting to me that I had formed a bit of a dependency on the forum. My fix, my fix.
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome anderid!

You'll find we are a amicable bunch. Smaller than dv-us, but growing. Also tend to be just a bit more personal here, and pretty much non-political. Plenty of room for politics on the other sites :lol:

David Bricker / SYR
anderld47
Flea-Bitten Desert Rat

Post by anderld47 »

David_Bricker wrote:Welcome anderid!

You'll find we are a amicable bunch. Smaller than dv-us, but growing. Also tend to be just a bit more personal here, and pretty much non-political. Plenty of room for politics on the other sites :lol:

David Bricker / SYR
Thanks David. Don't we get an occasional shot at the NPS? And could you direct me to the pyro links that explain your designation as PSR firemarshall?
B-Spec
Panamint Valley Prospector
Rig: 2001 TJ,2005 Xterra,2013 TDI,2015 TDI, 1999 STI, 21 Jetta

Post by B-Spec »

Here you go Larry.. Have fun reading!!

http://www.panamintcharlie.net/phpbb/vi ... .php?t=539
desert4wd wrote:Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

anderld47 wrote: Thanks David. Don't we get an occasional shot at the NPS? And could you direct me to the pyro links that explain your designation as PSR firemarshall?
Well, OK - the occasional shot is fine :D

The fire marshall comes from this group's warped sense that just 'cause I filled the porch of PSR with smoke that could be seen from the Panamint-Trona road, and just 'cause I caught the BBQ on fire, and just 'cause I've done this more than once, that somehow I might be trying to burn down PSR. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's just how you cook Spiedies. To wit: http://panamintcharlie.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=536 and: http://panamintcharlie.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=718

The motto is now: If it ain't on fire, it's not Spiedies yet!

David Bricker / SYR
LarryW
Trailer Trash
Rig: 78 K5 Blazer

Post by LarryW »

OH! Another Larry! Welcome to the board! Hey I've been to Calistoga. I was an extra in a TV movie made there way back in the mid 70s. I forget the star's name but he was the white guy on I SPY... I wonder what that town looks like now?
anderld47
Flea-Bitten Desert Rat

Post by anderld47 »

David_Bricker wrote:The fire marshall comes from this group's warped sense that just 'cause I filled the porch of PSR with smoke that could be seen from the Panamint-Trona road, and just 'cause I caught the BBQ on fire, and just 'cause I've done this more than once, that somehow I might be trying to burn down PSR. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's just how you cook Spiedies. To wit: http://panamintcharlie.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=536 and: http://panamintcharlie.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=718

The motto is now: If it ain't on fire, it's not Spiedies yet!

David Bricker / SYR
Read the writeups. You did a great job on it. Sounds like you kids had a ball.. and I'll leave your speedo out of it. Seems that the size of the fire is a function of who's writing about it. When you write about it's equvilent to a marshmallow in flame, but your picture of the grill fire resembles a forge.
anderld47
Flea-Bitten Desert Rat

Post by anderld47 »

LarryW wrote:OH! Another Larry! Welcome to the board! Hey I've been to Calistoga. I was an extra in a TV movie made there way back in the mid 70s. I forget the star's name but he was the white guy on I SPY... I wonder what that town looks like now?
Thanks for the welcome.. Hey, I like your name!

Wasn't the guy Robert Culp? Do you remember the name of the movie? And how did you end up getting an extra part in calistoga?

Town is still small, less bars, still many tourists for the mud, wine, and food. Got a traffic light in 1990, but it's not really needed.

LarryA (are there a lot of larrys, do I need to narrow it down more?)
LarryW
Trailer Trash
Rig: 78 K5 Blazer

Post by LarryW »

You and I are the only two that I know about so far, so LarryA ought to work... Ya that's him. Robert Culp... The guy that used to play Adam Cartwright was in there too as a bald cop. I later found out that he was bald and wearing a toupe throughout the Bonanza series.

Can't remember the name of the movie and as an extra I never got residuals. It was Hot Rod or something like that. It was about a guy who came into town and was into racing hot rods. At some point he and his friends stole an engine out of a police car for the next day's race. We used the Airport there for a drag strip. They repainted the whole downtown area and changed the way everything looked just for the movie. Did a couple of good crash scenes too.

Is the Calistoga Water Company still just a little tin shed with a pipe sticking out of the ground?
Last edited by LarryW on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beatty Lady
Panamint Valley Old Timer
Rig: "Pearl", a 2014 Toyota FJ

Post by Beatty Lady »

David_Bricker wrote:and pretty much non-political. Plenty of room for politics on the other sites :lol:
On the other hand.. it's not really political season yet... :twisted:
[jonstewart]Heh heh heh[/jonstewart]

Kit

PS - Hey, welcome anderld!!! :D
anderld47
Flea-Bitten Desert Rat

Post by anderld47 »

LarryW wrote:Is the Calistoga Water Company still just a little tin shed with a pipe sticking out of the ground?
Much larger now. Strange thing is whenever more than a half a dozen of their close neighbors go away on vacation, their mineral well goes dry.

Oh, and the town is going to move away from septic and leech fields and install a new sewer system!

Calistoga, it's the water!
anderld47
Flea-Bitten Desert Rat

Post by anderld47 »

Beatty Lady wrote:
David_Bricker wrote:and pretty much non-political. Plenty of room for politics on the other sites :lol:
On the other hand.. it's not really political season yet... :twisted:
[jonstewart]Heh heh heh[/jonstewart]

Kit

PS - Hey, welcome anderld!!! :D
You must be the Evil Beatty Lady! Sent you a PM!
Beatty Lady
Panamint Valley Old Timer
Rig: "Pearl", a 2014 Toyota FJ

Post by Beatty Lady »

anderld47 wrote:You must be the Evil Beatty Lady!
Moi? :angel:

Sent you a PM!
Got it, LMAO! Okay, yeah, in some ways I am mos def bad to the bone. :twisted:

Kit