The Great Escape and I'm new here

Stop by and say Hello.
Slugger
Another Ballarat Barkeep

The Great Escape and I'm new here

Post by Slugger »

Hey everyone!

I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself.

Recently stumbled onto this site and I love reading your posts. It's a "great escape" for my lunch hour! :)

I get away at least once a year to do what some of you do all the time, at least it seems that way. How great for you guys! I love looking at pics of your rigs and how you set them up, even that neat little trailer one of you has picked up. I (we) rent a 4x4 to do our runs. Limiting but still great fun nonetheless.

Since the mid 80s, I've explored DV, Saline Valley, Inyo MTs including Harkless Flats and Squaw Flats and the White MTs. Been to AZ a bit and most recently, the Old Women Mountain Wilderness area in Southern California.

We had great fun exploring the Saline Valley before it became part of DV.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and to let you know how much I enjoy visiting. I just love the explorer's spirit!!

Kindest Regards,

Slugger :D
AndyR
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: Raptor

Post by AndyR »

Welcome :wave:

Andy
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you." --Anonymous
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome, Slugger!

We are a small group here, compared to some of the other DV forums. I think we are also a bit more laid back, and don't typically get into the political issues of things, rather focusing on the enjoyment of getting out to the desert.

I, too, rent a 4x4 these days, having moved back to upstate NY some years ago. Does make things more challenging, but still doable. You'll find a wide variety of rigs represented here - from stock stuff to wild stuff.

Enjoy your stay here, and feel free to ask questions and add your experiences.

David Bricker / SYR
Panamint Charlie
Head Janitor

Post by Panamint Charlie »

Welcome to the site.

Feel free to share any adventures and ask any questions.

We also have a chat room that gets pretty exciting some nights and a photo gallery where you are welcome to up-load photos to share on the web.

Happy Trails
Charles
Slugger
Another Ballarat Barkeep

Post by Slugger »

Your forum reflects your warm hospitality, thank you all for the welcome.

I'm looking forward to participating! :D

Slugger

[/img]
B-Spec
Panamint Valley Prospector
Rig: 2001 TJ,2005 Xterra,2013 TDI,2015 TDI, 1999 STI, 21 Jetta

Post by B-Spec »

:beerchug: :welcome:
desert4wd wrote:Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...
Beatty Lady
Panamint Valley Old Timer
Rig: "Pearl", a 2014 Toyota FJ

Re: The Great Escape and I'm new here

Post by Beatty Lady »

Slugger wrote:Hey everyone!
Hiya Slugger! :welcome:

Kit
Ray and Nancy
Panamint City Resident

Post by Ray and Nancy »

Hi Slugger,

some of us will be in DV in October, feel free to join us. You're very welcome. Ray and I will be there for probably almost 2 weeks so if the dates that most of us will be meeting aren't good for you there will be other times. We always have a great time! Let us know... We are always happy to have someone on the trails with us. Safety in numbers, eh?

Nancy
Slugger
Another Ballarat Barkeep

Post by Slugger »

Ray and Nancy wrote: some of us will be in DV in October, feel free to join us. You're very welcome. Ray and I will be there for probably almost 2 weeks so if the dates that most of us will be meeting aren't good for you there will be other times. We always have a great time! Let us know... We are always happy to have someone on the trails with us. Safety in numbers, eh?

Nancy
Hey, thank you, Nancy!

That's very thoughtful of you. I doubt if I'll be available at that time of the year to get away but I sure appreciate the invitation and I would enjoy meeting you and whomever else may be there, too. Perhaps as time goes by my schedule will be in sync for one of these trips! :D

Kindest regards,

Slugger