Greetings from Massachusetts

Stop by and say Hello.
kaptain80
Still Looking for Slim
Rig: Asolo TPS 520

Greetings from Massachusetts

Post by kaptain80 »

Hey hey. As the cliche goes: long time listener, first time caller. Indeed.

I'm not a native New Englander. I'm from the cornlands of Illinois originally. I spent the spring of 2005 in Mojave for an internship, and I've been hooked on the area ever since. The Mojave is weird. I like it--my favorite place on earth.

I go back whenever I get the chance, which isn't often. In 2008, my former employer sent me to Sacramento for some meetings... which I naturally turned into a side trip to Trona. Or there's 2007, when my former former employer sent me to Vandenberg Air Force Base... which I turned into a quick hike to Corkscrew Peak.

So, with this recent, ah, day-to-day free time that I've been given, I thought I'd step out of lurker status and into the fray. I get nervous when I don't know when my next trip to Panamint Valley or Death Valley is, and this seems like a good place to start looking for excuses to travel. I've been needing a fresh coat of dust anyway.
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Re: Greetings from Massachusetts

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome, Kaptain;

There are a few of us easterners on the board here. I grew up in So Cal, so the desert was in my blood. Moved back east 25 years ago, and the last 14 years or so have made a few? trips back to the DV/PV area. Am looking forward right now and planning for the annual Thanksgiving trip, and am really looking forward to it.

Please read the forum guidelines. You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch, and it is a great place to bounce trip ideas off of folks, or to share a trip report of story. We try to avoid the political and religious stuff, and concentrate on our mutual appreciation for the desert.

Again, welcome!

David Bricker / SYR