Hello from Manteca, CA

Stop by and say Hello.
Desertman1
Indian Ranch Roadie
Rig: 2014 KIA Sedona

Hello from Manteca, CA

Post by Desertman1 »

Hi everyone! For many years Death Valley has been one of my "stomping grounds." Since retiring 3 years ago, my new project is to return annually to D. V. and hike, backpack, camp and explore much of the park, until I can one day say, "I've hiked nearly all trails and non-trails in D. V." Been to Ballarat many times, since 1958; Panamint City twice and other ghost towns of D. V. I'm an amatuer historian, photographer, writer, and look forward to learning and chatting with others in Panamint Valley.com.

Richard Elliott
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Re: Hello from Manteca, CA

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome to the board, Richard. There are a number of us, myself included, who have started exploring DV and PV at an early age. I personally took a hiatus for a bunch of years, but am back enjoying it again. Been to Panamint City by dirt bike in the late 60s, early 70s; by foot a few years ago.

Please read the forum rules when you have a chance. We are a friendly group, and enjoying sharing in the things that we have a common ground, namely the desert.

Look forward to hearing reports of your travels.

David Bricker / SYR
desert4wd
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: 2005 Jeep

Re: Hello from Manteca, CA

Post by desert4wd »

Welcome Richard.
I'm not as experienced as David in PV and DV. :oops: I made that left turn at Albuquerque 30 years ago and have been exploring the Great Basin instead...lol. Actually I've caught up a little since my first visit to DV in '65.
Doug
K7FWD
B-Spec wrote:I don't do trails to prove anything.. I do them because I enjoy it. I could care less about proving anything to anyone..
Not much to offer these days since I'm cleaning out the flickr (photo site) because of high pricing.
Older Fling and Haul stuff (up to about 2008): http://www.pv.desert4wd.com/
Maybe a few things here still but I haven't updated for a couple years.: http://www.desert4wd.com/