Hello!

Stop by and say Hello.
johnw
Still Looking for Slim
Rig: 06 TJ

Hello!

Post by johnw »

Hey Everyone! You all have a great site here with ton's of information! My husband & I started a "love affair" with the Panamints after we obtained an RV about a year or so ago and have had some great adventures exploring the area. Looking forward to meeting some fellow desert adventurers soon and would love to tag along with some folks (as schedules permit due to hubby being on call every 3 weeks) and also when it cools down a bit! We also have an '06 TJ with a few bits & pieces and are ready to explore. Thanks! John & Linda 8)
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Re: Hello!

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome, John and Linda! I think you'll find us a friendly group. We have a wide variety of folks here, from a wide geographic area as well. Please read the Forum Rules, and we welcome hearing stories of your previous travels, or plans for future ones. Post up your trips plans in Trip Planning - you never know who may be in the area at the same time!

Having a Jeep helps, but we also let people in with Toyotas :twisted:

David Bricker / SYR
D.A. Wright
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5

Post by D.A. Wright »

David_Bricker wrote:Having a Jeep helps, but we also let people in with Toyotas :twisted:
Whatcha talkin' about, Willis??!! :wink:
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
Norman Johnson
Rig: "60 Willys wagon

Post by Norman Johnson »

Welcome aboard. Save any glass Sobe bottles and the caps. Oops, maybe I've said too much already. Never mind. The website has a ton of information about the whole area but mostly Panamint Valley-- information that a person can find nowhere else.

Panamint Charley is the guy who knows the most about us and the place and is a wise old dude with a long gray beard and a memory like fly paper.

The other characters you can figure out for yourselves, but in the movie, David Bricker is played by Richard Dreyfuss and Bill Gossett is played by Yul Brynner.

NJ
"You can't tell by watching a bunch of mules rolling in the dust which one can fart the loudest." Sherman Wilhelm

"In case you should ever get the idea you'd like to be a prospector or miner, remember, you don't have to be crazy, but it would help a lot." Jack Mitchell, DOD 10-28-1954
Panamint Charlie
Head Janitor

Post by Panamint Charlie »

Norman Johnson wrote:Welcome aboard. Save any glass Sobe bottles and the caps. Oops, maybe I've said too much already. Never mind. The website has a ton of information about the whole area but mostly Panamint Valley-- information that a person can find nowhere else.

Panamint Charley is the guy who knows the most about us and the place and is a wise old dude with a long gray beard and a memory like fly paper.

The other characters you can figure out for yourselves, but in the movie, David Bricker is played by Richard Dreyfuss and Bill Gossett is played by Yul Brynner.

NJ

I just LOL'erd all over my laptop. :thumb:

I can't even remember what I had for lunch.
D.A. Wright
Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5

Post by D.A. Wright »

Norman Johnson wrote:The other characters you can figure out for yourselves, but in the movie, David Bricker is played by Richard Dreyfuss and Bill Gossett is played by Yul Brynner.
And some of the other main characters of the cast:

Rubiblue:

D.A. Wright:

B-Spec:

Dezdan:

LarryW:

Desert4WD, Badtux and AndyR:
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

Well, if this doesn't scare away all the new folks, I guess nothing will! Other than actually meeting some of these characters in person :twisted: I of course, being completely normal, am excluded from the above comment.

David Bricker / SYR
AndyR
Rig: Raptor

Post by AndyR »

David_Bricker wrote:Well, if this doesn't scare away all the new folks, I guess nothing will! Other than actually meeting some of these characters in person :twisted: I of course, being completely normal, am excluded from the above comment.

David Bricker / SYR
Normal....with an XJ :twisted:
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you." --Anonymous
rubiblue

Post by rubiblue »

Hey! That must be an old pic! My hair is greyer, my fingernails are shorter, and my false teeth aren't that nice!
You can't see the true desert or real history from a paved road!

If you believe a politician has the answer, it must have been a dumb question!
LarryW
Trailer Trash
Rig: 78 K5 Blazer

Post by LarryW »

Hello John and Linda! Welcome....

David... I see you got a photo of me on one of my better days.... :mrgreen:
johnw
Still Looking for Slim
Rig: 06 TJ

Post by johnw »

ROFLOL! You all are hilarious! I think we will fit in just fine!!
B-Spec
Panamint Valley Prospector
Rig: 2001 TJ,2005 Xterra,2013 TDI,2015 TDI, 1999 STI, 21 Jetta

Post by B-Spec »

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Best post ever to date... :beerchug:
desert4wd wrote:Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...
Dezdan
Tree Hugger

Post by Dezdan »

WTF!!! BAwhahahahahahaha!!!!!!! :histerical: :histerical: :histerical: :histerical:
Death-Valley.net - Death Valley Related Forums
"The Internet is full of false information." ~Ben Franklin
Do you really think that I started this thread to look at your Gay Bacon? - SWR