toppled outhouse

Stop by and say Hello.
Toppled Outhouse
Still Looking for Slim
Rig: 06 ford f350 4x4

toppled outhouse

Post by Toppled Outhouse »

hi, toppled outhouse here. nevada. lurked a while looking over wrights shoulder, looked like a nice place to relax. retired sp/up rr worker. use 4x4 for hunting, getting from the ranch to town. mrs. outhouse likes to rockhound. been to dv a lot. used to live nearby.
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Re: toppled outhouse

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome! I think you'll find us a friendly bunch. We all enjoy different facets of Death Valley and the surroundings - some hiking, some 4 wheeling, some both.

Be sure to read the forum guidelines. We are a nice bunch, and this the place for desert conversation, but definitely not the place for political discussion for the sake of politics. Plenty of other forums for that.

We look forward to hearing some of your previous DV adventures, and certainly any new ones as well.

David Bricker / SYR - TUS
Toppled Outhouse
Still Looking for Slim

you're quick. yeah, know the rules. wright suggested to me to keep me trap shut if i want to hang with you all. new to this bulletin board stuff. i'm not a political person, keep it to me self. might get riled up bout something now and then, but let others have their opinons. america, you know. baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and chevrolet.
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

Don't mean to come across as a hard-ass, just wanted to be sure you understood the philosophy here. A bit different than many forums where everything goes.

We understand we all have opinions about all sorts of stuff. Not to censor opinions, but typically, we aren't going to convince each other of an opposing opinion, so it just ends up being noise. Besides, we all enjoy the desert too much to let those opinions get in the way of sharing our love for the desert. We've folks from all sides of all spectrums, but checking those opinions at the door lets us talk about the desert.

Besides, it is a nicer group this way.

David Bricker / SYR - TUS
Toppled Outhouse
Still Looking for Slim

no harm, no foul. you didn't come across rude. my point being that i live and let live. didn't come here to start trouble, don't want none. i like what i see, thought i would come and set a spell.
D.A. Wright
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5

Post by D.A. Wright »

TO is my neighbor (owns 40 acres south of my parcel) and a good guy. He & Mrs. TO like to rockhound, ghost town and he and I've hunted together. He and she used to live in Barstow and Las Vegas and spent a lot of time in and around DV exploring.
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.