Hello

Stop by and say Hello.
auslander
Still Looking for Slim

Hello

Post by auslander »

Long time lurker first time posting, lol. Love the site. My name is Sal living in San Pedro. Love to hike, 4x4, and get outdoors. I like to take pictures and photography is a small hobby of mine. I have a sick VW obsession, i have built a class 11 trail car that is ready to hit some trails.
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Re: Hello

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome to the board, Sal. Always like to see new folks check in and tell us a bit about themselves.

Please be sure to read the forum guidelines. We hope to hear more from you about your buggy. Sorry to hear about your obsession - none of here are obsessed about anything :twisted:

David Bricker / SYR
Slugger
Another Ballarat Barkeep

Post by Slugger »

auslander wrote:...I have a sick VW obsession, i have built a class 11 trail car that is ready to hit some trails.
You might want to check this VW thread out if you haven't seen it already. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5152

Would love to see pictures of your class 11 in action! :D
auslander
Still Looking for Slim

Post by auslander »

Its been down i did alot of upgrades to it, new motor, raised the rear, bunch of gauges, remote cooler, and tranny mounts.

Slugger
Another Ballarat Barkeep

Post by Slugger »

Nice VW! 1969?

I had a rack just like that. It was the best $99.00 I ever spent. It's amazing how much gear you can stuff in a bug! :beerchug:
auslander
Still Looking for Slim

Post by auslander »

1969 :lol: . I hope to hit the trails again before the end of the year :camping: :driving:
B-Spec
Panamint Valley Prospector
Rig: 2001 TJ,2005 Xterra,2013 TDI,2015 TDI, 1999 STI, 21 Jetta

Post by B-Spec »

NICE!!! :beerchug:
desert4wd wrote:Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...
Ernst-Holger
Still Looking for Slim

Post by Ernst-Holger »

auslander wrote:Its been down i did alot of upgrades to it, new motor, raised the rear, bunch of gauges, remote cooler, and tranny mounts.

Hello,
congratulatuons to this car. My fiirst car 40 yaers ago was a similar one with 34 Hp but it was offroad very good better as some 4x4 of today.

How does the air cooling work in the hot desert?

Kind regards from the VW-country.
Ernest-Holger
auslander
Still Looking for Slim

Post by auslander »

I just rebuilt the motor recently, and did a few upgrades on the car- here is the short list

Rebuilt 1914 motor
Added Remote oil cooler with fan
Added Oil pres, oil temp, cyl temp, voltmeter, and tach
Raised the rear

Im still working out the bugs on the motor, the only thing i really want to do to the car before i take it offroad is add a skid plate

But the motor has a ton of power :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And yes thats the motor on the kitchen counter, lol (wife was on vacation)

LarryW
Trailer Trash
Rig: 78 K5 Blazer

Post by LarryW »

Clean! We are getting quite a broad selection of vehicles here now. There is a VW Van that shows up once in a while. BlabbeRon is what he calls himself and I believe he said he took a VW van up to Panamint City years ago when the road was still good. What we need now is a 4wd school bus. There used to be one in Bishop at the airport that was used to haul hang gliders up to the launch sites in the Inyos. That thing was neat. We could all just leave our rigs at camp and grab a bunch of booze and head up to Hunter or where ever. Andy could drive LOL...
B-Spec
Panamint Valley Prospector
Rig: 2001 TJ,2005 Xterra,2013 TDI,2015 TDI, 1999 STI, 21 Jetta

Post by B-Spec »

You should post up all your photos in the Member Rides section on the forum.. That way more people can take a look at them.. :mrgreen:
desert4wd wrote:Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...