Just registered

Stop by and say Hello.
Dave_Chick
Still Looking for Slim
Rig: '66 Ford Bronco

Just registered

Post by Dave_Chick »

I have been lurking on this board fior a while. There is so much information available that I look forward to spending lunch with you. My last trip to the Panamints was the same weekend as the Barker Ranch fire. We spent Thursday and Friday nights on the valley floor and saturday night at the Briggs cabin.

I have been visiting the area since 1994 and usually spend Thanksgiving week at Furnace Creek with day trips from there.

Glad to be on board,
Dave Chick
Monrovia CA
Dave Chick
Monrovia CA
Panamint Charlie
Head Janitor

Re: Just registered

Post by Panamint Charlie »

Right on! Welcome to the board!
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome to the forum, Dave! Good name by the way :lol:

We look forward to hearing more from you.

David Bricker /SYR
Dave_Chick
Still Looking for Slim

Post by Dave_Chick »

Thanks for welcoming me guys, feels good to be included. The name's seems rare here except for your's of course.
Dave Chick
Monrovia CA
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall

Post by David_Bricker »

I just noticed - Monrovia. We have a couple of folks on the board near there, and I grew up in Altadena. Live a little ways further away now, though.

Still have a friend (yes, Rubi, I do have friends) who live on Monrovia/Arcadia border.

David Bricker / SYR
Dave_Chick
Still Looking for Slim

Post by Dave_Chick »

David,
It's getting more crowded in the San Gabriel Valley every year. We took a trip last summer and spent a couple of days in NY one in NYC and two in Binghamton visiting a college buddy. I'm not sure where you are relative to those places but we driove from NYC to Binghamton and then to Boston to visit my folks.
Dave Chick
Monrovia CA
desert4wd
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: 2005 Jeep

Post by desert4wd »

Welcome Dave. :beerchug:

When I lived down there, I routinely visited my uncle who live in Monrovia. Later on I lived in Montrose. Nice location relative to highway 2....
Doug
K7FWD
B-Spec wrote:I don't do trails to prove anything.. I do them because I enjoy it. I could care less about proving anything to anyone..
Not much to offer these days since I'm cleaning out the flickr (photo site) because of high pricing.
Older Fling and Haul stuff (up to about 2008): http://www.pv.desert4wd.com/
Maybe a few things here still but I haven't updated for a couple years.: http://www.desert4wd.com/
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall

Post by David_Bricker »

Dave_Chick wrote:David,
It's getting more crowded in the San Gabriel Valley every year. We took a trip last summer and spent a couple of days in NY one in NYC and two in Binghamton visiting a college buddy. I'm not sure where you are relative to those places but we driove from NYC to Binghamton and then to Boston to visit my folks.
We live twenty miles from Binghamton. NYC, on the other hand is not actually in New York state. In fact, we upstaters aren't even sure it on the same planet :twisted:

David Bricker / SYR