Introduction

Stop by and say Hello.
190andmm33
Still Looking for Slim

Introduction

Post by 190andmm33 »

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I have been to DV twice and I am going back Monday-Saturday. Pretty much the reason I went the first time was to find the U2 Tree and just to see what it was like. Anyways, this time I'm gonna hit the following places

Tecopa Hot Springs
Darwin
Lee Flat
Golden Canyon
Hike the Dunes at night
Hike around the Centennial Flat and admire the Joshuas
Get some pictures of "Gill Corral" as I can't find any online anywhere.
And of course a return to the U2 tree to see it and pick up the garbage people have left :(\

I would like to make it to Panamint City during my trip in the fall. Also, does anyone know of any places besides Centennial/Lee Flats where their are large Joshuas?

Anthony
netllama
Indian Ranch Roadie

Re: Introduction

Post by netllama »

The road out to the Racetrack has a large number of Joshua Trees. And of course Joshua Tree national park has a few here & there :wink:
190andmm33
Still Looking for Slim

Post by 190andmm33 »

haha! Thanks I'm planning on spending Monday at JT. I'll check out Racetrack.
D.A. Wright
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5

Post by D.A. Wright »

190andmm33 wrote:Also, does anyone know of any places besides Centennial/Lee Flats where their are large Joshuas?
First of all, welcome to the board!

Second of all, Joshua Flat on the Big Pine-Death Valley road has a dense forest of Joshuas. Although none that I can think of are really big, but still there are many. The closer you get to the park boundary - shared with that of Inyo National Forest - Joshuas mix with piñon pine. And on the northern slope (facing south) above the road, you can see Joshuas growing to what appears to be about 8500 feet, a real phenomena.

There is a fairly dense forest of small Joshua trees - mainly single trunk and one or two branched - in upper Oriental Wash, just outside of the park in Nevada. They also grow up into the piñon belt on Gold Mountain. But there are nice views down into northernmost Death Valley.
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.