Hello y'all from Vestal New York

Stop by and say Hello.
Brendancfarrell
Still Looking for Slim

Hello y'all from Vestal New York

Post by Brendancfarrell »

Hello everyone! My names Brendan Farrell and my father Scott Farrell went on a trip in Feburary to here and is still talking about it. I own a 99 XJ with a 4.5" lift, Rough Country front winch bumper with a stinger, Smittybily XRC 10 winch and some other odds and ends. I am trying to get myself some 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/Rs to get rid of my crappy 29s. Also working on preparing for a trip to Colorodo so I need lockers, gears and some chromos for my chryo 8.25 rear and D30 front. I really want to make it out to Panamint springs some time with pops sometime next year as well. If anyone has input on what else I'll be needing besides what I listed, please let me know!
rubiblue
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus

Re: Hello y'all from Vestal New York

Post by rubiblue »

Welcome! I really hate to say this, but probably your best bet would be to talk to Bricker...but don't tell him I said so!
You can't see the true desert or real history from a paved road!

If you believe a politician has the answer, it must have been a dumb question!
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

There goes the neighborhood! First Scott, and now the son!

Welcome Brendan, to the asylum! I'm sorry you weren't able to join your dad for the trip out in February. As you know, I'm in Newark Valley, so we can get together sometime and talk about what other goodies you may need or want.

This is a great group, and we love to kid each other, but it's all in fun. Oh, and don't believe a word Rubiblue says!

David Bricker / SYR
Brendancfarrell
Still Looking for Slim

Haha I got bit by the Jeep bug wellll before my father did. His first time off road was with y'all this past February. I try to go every weekend (if my job allows me time off that is) haha But yea, I'd love to get together sometime but like I said, I work a ton. 40-60hrs a week at one job and 10 at another but I'll see about gettin some free time soon. By the by, LOVE your XJ. Dad came back and would stop telling me what I need to do to mine. I was like "Sure, I'll do that, if your buyin" haha
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

Good thing you have two jobs - the 40-60 hour one to pay for Jeep parts, and the 10 hours one for everything else. :twisted:

Yeah, lots of stuff you can do to the XJ. Part of it depends on what you want to do with it. And then, you probably like to play in that mud junk we have around here. Yucck. That said, what some of the things you'll hear on this board regarding tire types and traction aides may not apply to mud.

1999 is a very good year for XJs. Best intake manifold, and as long as you dont have the 0331 head that cracks, an very solid motor. Also the last year of the high pinion Dana 30 in the front. So, you have a good base with start with, the sky is the limit.

David Bricker / SYR - YOW
Brendancfarrell
Still Looking for Slim

Yes indeedy! I have the 0630 head :mrgreen: which is a plus, and just broke 139k on the motor. She is still very young! And yes, I play in the mud :P It's what I started doing since they ain't no good rock places around here! Haha but like I said, I'm goin to Colorado next year which I was told was rocks, so I'll pop my rock cherry out there!